Philips Café Gaia Kahvinkeitin HD7567/20 Musta, mukana lasikannu is rated
Rated 4 out of
Fast and full of features
This machine is easy to fill and brews very quickly - you can hear it working. The timer is easy to use so the coffee or tea is ready when you come down in the morning. The hot plate also shuts off after two hours but keeps the drink really hot until it does.
Minor faults. No permanent filter (but I have one). Filter door could close more securely. Jug can dribble a little if you pour too quickly.
Date published: 2013-10-19
Rated 4 out of
So far, very good!
Most importantly - it makes excellent coffee.
Very easy to set up and use.
Minor niggles. It's too easy to accidently press the clock adjustment buttons. The jug dribbles slightly. Removing the coffee filter holder is a little fiddly.
Date published: 2013-10-14
Rated 5 out of
World's Best Coffee Machine
I researched hundreds of coffee machines before choosing this one, and I am convinced it is the BEST programmable coffee machine in the world. Seriously.
I'm very picky about my coffee (I import expensive beans from a remote island in the Pacific) and I have tried many methods of coffee preparation. So when I decided to get a drip filter coffee machine to make coffee before the alarm buzzes each morning, I stared the search with high standards. Every option, including the £150+ grinder machines, fell short for various reasons, until I found this one.
This little machine surprised and delighted me by how well it works. I love waking up to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee each morning!
Here's why it is so wonderful:
1. The clock and timer are accurate and ridiculously easy to set.
2. The water compartment is easy to fill with a large opening -- no chance of spilt water.
3. The coffee tastes GREAT, and tasted great from the first time I made it.
4. The "Aroma Swirl" works, which surely contributes to the great taste, and ensures a uniformly delicious brew.
5. The coffee is the perfect temperature -- it's hot (slightly too hot to drink when first poured), but not too hot: it won't burn the coffee and adversely affect the flavour.
6. The glass jug has a protective plastic buffer ring, which makes it feel much less likely to break than other jugs I've used.
7. The machine is super easy to clean, and clean thoroughly. The *entire* filter holder pops in and out effortlessly. This means you can easily clean the whole filter area, unlike most other machines where only part of the filter area is removable.
8. This model actually tells you when it needs descaling. It tells you! A little message pops up on the clock to let you know it needs to be descaled. Amazing!
9. It does NOT have a reusable filter, which may be a con for some people but is a plus to me. This makes it much easier to clean (no nasty clogged mesh), and the coffee tastes better.
10. It comes with a 2 year guarentee from Philips.
11. The water level indicator is crystal clear (well it's actually a translucent plastic, but still highly visible and functional water level indicator). So there is no problem making a half pot, you can easily see the water line.
12. The size of the machine is good. For such a large water capacity, it has a small counter footprint -- it looks efficiently designed to use minimal space.
13. It does not produce too much steam. Of course there is some steam, but not so much that I worry about the paint in my kitchen.
14. The plastic handle is secure, fully intigrated with the jug -- no chance of it breaking off and spilling hot coffee everywhere.
15. It has an effective drip-stop, so you can pour a cup while the coffee is stil brewing. Although it brews so quickly I haven't yet used this feature, only tested it.
16. It looks good. The design is rounded and pleasant.
Those are all the main points I can think of right now. It really is an incredibly well designed little machine, and I am convinced there is not a better alternative on the market. If only all my appliances were so perfectly functional!
Date published: 2013-09-08