Rated 4 out of
Put simply - great sound at a great price. Bluetooth links to music devices easily and setup quick
Date published: 2017-03-24
Rated 5 out of
Simply love this soundbar
I got this during the boxing day sale online from Richer Sounds. Before deciding did lot of research online which I think helped me to pick the right product for a good price. The bass and treble is simply awesome. This is a good value for money.
Date published: 2016-02-07
Rated 2 out of
Great sound but unreliable.
I've only owned this system for just over a week and regret to say that I'm trying to return it to the retailer.
My initial impressions were great; it looks superb and fits perfectly in front of my TV without obscuring anything. The sound, inititally was brilliant - as good as anything within it's price range.
However, it wasn't long until my problems started. The bluetooth speaker intermitedly cuts out. You cannot get though a half hour without this happening, and when it does happen it's very noticeable. I've tried line, optical and HDMI outputs but the results are the same.
This wouldn't have been an issue had Philips included a physical input into the subwoofer, but no, you MUST use bluetooth. This is a terrible oversight. If you have no physical inputs in your sub, you better ensure that your bluetooth connection is impeccable. This is sadly not the case.
Date published: 2016-01-26
Rated 1 out of
It now sits unconnected in the corner
Christmas present so I was really pleased. I had to wait until the shops opened to get the connecting wire as it is not included.
Got connected only to find that you need to use a separate control for the TV and the soundbar and then EVERY time it is turned on or off you have to synchronise the lips to the words unless you leave it plugged in all the time.
I loved the sound when music played but voices were muffled and often hard to understand so need to turn it off for news, films, documentaries and virtually everything else
It now sits in the corner, unloved and unused. I cannot throw it away as it was a gift from my wife.
I would have thought that an international manufacturer would have sorted out these basic items prior to putting it on the market.
Date published: 2015-10-24
Rated 3 out of
Nice look with its problem
1. The soundbar looks great and is easy to set up.
2. The Bluetooth connectivity is particularly useful for multiple devices to use it.
3. However, 3 months into the use of the soundbar, deep male voices started to slur and sound robotic.(reliability?)
4. The soundbar connects to LED TV via HDMI; at the same time, I have Philips 3D Blue-ray Disc/DVD Player BDP7750/98 connected to the same TV. Everytime the blue ray player turns on, I have to turn off the soundbar before I could hear the blue-ray sound on the TV. In this case, the HDMI ARC in practice does not seem to work
5. However, in the more usual use case, if the TV is ON (without the blue ray player), the HDMI ARC, hence hearing through the sound bar, works.
6. The sub woofer sounded weak, it is somewhat a disappointment.
Date published: 2015-02-21
Rated 5 out of
Great sound, crisp voice, deep bass
Perfect companion for a TV and a great theatrical experience during movies. Love it so far. Very easy to use, Bluetooth, NFC works great, HDMI ARC sound is easy to set up, simply plug in a cable to your TV and other end to the sound bar.
Date published: 2015-01-05