Rated 1 out of
Promises a lot, delivers very little!
Ever since I bought the Philips PUT6400 I've had nothing but problems! It's advertised to be much more capable than it actually is and for a SMART TV it's not very smart. Android TV is not quite there yet. The Play Store offers very little and I've had to reset the TV a few times due to crashes and problems with apps where the TV goes into safe mode and needs to be reset. The only 4K I've watched on this TV is the demo that's already on it. It does not support 4K YouTube as it's missing the VP9 codec. I'm unsure if it supports 4K Netflix as I've yet to see it the highest resolution I've had is 1080p. I've experienced bugs such as the clock always being 1 hour ahead no matter what settings I change and every software update seems to create more bugs such as Netflix closing half way through content which never happened until recently after updating. The sound on this TV isn't great either. The sound is loud but speech is very low compared to the background noise of whatever you're watching. Watching regular TV channels is disappointing because the picture and text are blurry, of course there are HD channels available which look good but not every channel offers a HD option. For a similar price you could get a bigger and better 1080p Smart TV that does more. There's very little 4K content available so having a 4K TV seems pointless. In my opinion the only good thing about the TV is the design.
Date published: 2016-04-20
Rated 2 out of
Lip sync & EPG issues
I'll start with the good things.
The Picture quality can be good.
Thats it !
Now the bad.
Since the november 2016 firmware update:
2 second lipsync delay starts after any android/netflix
session. Have to switch off for 5 seconds to reboot.
EPG crashes constantly - programs scroll but channel list doesnt.
after NETFLIX viewing, the TV has started randomly switching channels after 10 seconds - no remote required.
Philips service department is useless and after nearly 6 months still havent fixed these issues.
Its a shame, because the update before the November one had got the TV working quite well.
Unfortunately, you are not allowed to downgrade the firmware
Date published: 2017-04-22
Rated 4 out of
Not working with my PS4 pro
Had my Phillips 40PUT6400 tv now a year got my self a PS4 pro for Christmas and it's not picking up the 4K say not compatible.
Date published: 2016-12-26
Rated 1 out of
I bought this model on the basis of several enthusiastic reviews I read over different web sites, but among time this TV has proven itself for being rubbish. The only thing I can save is the picture quality and definition which is definitely good.
What's wrong then, you might ask.
1. Totally unstable: random freezing, cold and warm reboots
2. Connectivity: it always require a manual re-connection to the wi-fi after a cold start, bluetooth headphones are randomly disconnected and the audio is glitching even though I'm sitting at 2m from the TV (the headphones are working fine with every other bluetooth source)
3. Storage issue: it randomly runs out of storage even though nothing new is being installed, this cause a cascade crash of all basic android services. It requires a random number of cold restarts to fix it.
4. All of the above has been persistent among the last 18 months, even though the software is regularly updated and it has been reset a few times.
5. All the connectors are in the back and they're not easily accessible (e.g. USB port)
Do a favour to yourself stay away from this TV.
Date published: 2017-08-19
Rated 4 out of
Very nice TV, but I had issues getting started
I love the TV - great picture, full of options, fantastic value for money.
I had some issues getting started so hopefully this will help you if you buy one and get stuck:
1. The instructions need to make it very clear not to connect your own freeview box to the TV! It comes with its own onboard, if you connect yours it will not work. Time wasted on this = 3 hours. Was I just being thick here?
2. The 'update software from the internet' option - timer spun forever. Time wasted = 2 hours.
3. The 'update from USB' option that puts an id file on to a USB that you then use to find updates via a computer - did not work. Told me there were no updates when I can clearly see on the site that the latest software is November while my TV's version was July. Time wasted = 2 hours.
4. The installation instructions that come with the new software on the website - the TV did not behave how the instructions said it would. The update does not start automatically when you put in the USB and switch the TV on. You have to go into Settings, choose Local Updates (ignore the 'for dealers and experts message') to navigate to the USB and start it manually from there. Time wasted = 30 mins.
5. Section 25.1 of the user guide (update software from USB) - the TV did not behave how the instructions said it would. The update does not start automatically. You have to go into Settings, choose Local Updates (ignore the 'for dealers and experts message') to navigate to the USB and start it manually from there. Time wasted = 30 mins.
So in total I spent a very frustrating day. Maybe I just have a substandard item as some of the above are basic processes that everyone must be using.
Anyway, great TV but took a lot of trial and error to get going.
Date published: 2015-12-30
Rated 2 out of
Not up to my expectations from Philips
.Poor sound, purchased sound-bar to rectify, but lip sync adjustment insufficient to correct errors.
Now using external PVR which has own lip syc adjustment
.External hdd requires power supply. Will not power USB2/USB3 without dropping out.
.Requires an external drive as internal storage is insufficient for some android apps
.Can only record watched program as only one tuner fitted.
.Can no longer power down without pulling plug since software update. That is a problem if hdd not recognised or sysem locks up.
Date published: 2017-06-15
Rated 1 out of
Kuva ja ääni eri ajassa
Televisio on huokean hintainen. Kuva ja ääni on ok, mutta viimeisimmät ohjelmistopäivitykset ovat vieneet televisiota todella huonoon suuntaan, sillä kuva ja ääni eivät ole enää synkronisoituna. Koittakaahan korjata tämä. Asennettuna uusin päivitys!
Date published: 2017-07-17
Rated 1 out of
I didn't expect a high end TV for the price, as I just wanted a TV for my second home. But its totally usable as a smart TV, if you start watching Amazon, Netflix etc, then turn back to DVBTV, or another On Demand app, lip syncing with the picture goes completely... It also turns itself off sometimes... I have ‘put to off’ all the ‘bells and whistles’ with regard to the ‘sound’, its not on surround etc... The problem is most prominent when one uses it as its meant to be used, as a 4K TV and a smart TV... You have to put the TV on to standby a few times, leave it for 5 minutes, then turn it on again (of course waiting again). Then you ‘might’ get the lips to sync with the pictures. On bad occasions, one has to unplug the TV and leave it for a few minutes and then turn it on. But if the user does anything like switch to Netflix, it may sync, or not. And If you switch to something else, you have no chance of it syncing, so have to turn off again etc. I even made a 15 min video to show how bad it was... Really disappointing, I haven't bought a Philips item in years... Now I know why....
Date published: 2017-02-19